Is Cohousing For You?
Find out in our
next 2-Day Workshop Mar 2 & 3, 2019
in Sidney, BC
hosted by Ravens Crossing Cohousing
Participants in an earlier workshop
$145 per person or $195 for two
Dr Margaret Critchlow PhD
Anthropologist, Educator, Cohousing Consultant, & Founding Member, Harbourside Cohousing
- what is cohousing all about? Is it for me? You’re invited to participate and find out.
- learn and experience some of the skills used in cohousing groups & ask your questions.
- meet the people who are developing cohousing communities on Vancouver Island.
- Register for an Info Session about West Wind Harbour Cohousing to be held during the lunch hour on Saturday
- Find out about the Ravens Crossing Cohousing project in Sidney in a free info session on Saturday at 4 pm.
- Bring a dish to share for pot luck lunches on both days. (Grocery store nearby for pot luck provisioning)
Learn about a creative alternative to today’s culture of individualism and materialism. Cohousing is a neighbourhood design that values privacy and community, independence and interdependence.
In this experiential two-day workshop, participants will explore how to access the creative power of community to build a better world and improve quality of life. Margaret will draw on examples from other cultures, old-fashioned neighbourhoods, and contemporary cohousing communities. You will learn together how to work through differences collaboratively, make decisions well, and find creative solutions that enable the best in all of us.
Recommended for anyone considering cohousing and especially for those interested in the West Wind Harbour Cohousing project, under construction in Sooke, or the Ravens Crossing Cohousing initiative now in development in Sidney. Please plan to attend a workshop and information session if you are interested in becoming an Associate Member.
Topics will include:
- Take a good look at how and where you live now. What do you want for your future?
- What is it like to live in cohousing? To develop it? How to know if it is for you?
- What skills are needed in cohousing and how to get them. What you can & can’t do yourself.
- Introduction to consensus-based decision-making
- Communication training
- Integrating into cohousing initiatives: values/mission, site selection, planning your community, choosing professionals, information sessions, fun