Saturday & Sunday, March 18th & 19th: 9:30am to 4:00 pm both days
Sooke Child, Youth & Family Centre
6672 Wadams Way
Sooke, BC V9Z 0H3
Learn about a creative alternative to today’s culture of individualism and materialism. Cohousing is a neighbourhood design that values privacy and community, independence and interdependence.
In this experiential two-day workshop, participants will explore how to access the creative power of community to build a better world and improve quality of life. Margaret will draw on examples from other cultures, old-fashioned neighbourhoods, and contemporary cohousing communities. You will learn together how to work through differences collaboratively, make decisions well, and find creative solutions that enable the best in all of us.
Recommended for anyone interested in the new West Wind Harbour Cohousing initiative and other cohousing projects, such as Saanich Peninsula Cohousing.
Topics will include:
- Take a good look at how and where you live now. What do you want for your future?
- What is it like to live in cohousing? To develop it? How to know if it is for you?
- What skills are needed in cohousing and how to get them? What you can & can’t do yourself.
- Introduction to consensus-based decision-making
- Communication training
- Integrating into cohousing initiatives: values/mission, site selection, planning your community, choosing professionals, information sessions, fun
Please click here to visit Eventbrite for more information and t0 register: